I ain’t gonna lie, I’ve never sold a car in my life. I’M A MARKETING GUY. In my 20 year marketing career I’ve worked with dozens of industries, with only one type of marketing initiative standing out above all others: A LOYALTY / POINTS PROGRAM. Customers are almost twice as likely to complete a desired buying cycle because of it.
5 more reasons your dealership needs a loyalty program.
1. Gone are the days of Green Stamps and manual tracking processes. Your loyalty program should run as a back-end process, freeing up your staff to do what you hired them to do…make money.
2. Eckhart Tolle said “Evolve or Die.” We live in a time where virtually any information is readily available at your fingertips. Consumers are driven by the need for real-time information. If you’re still operating on the antiquated idea that you can retain customers by relationship only, you’re bound to lose them to your competition. I can guarantee you that your steepest competitors are operating a loyalty program that can provide visibility into spend and rewards TO YOUR CUSTOMER, on their phones!
3. Points and rewards make your customer “sticky.” They tie your customers back to your dealership after a transaction; creating a currency redeemable only at the dealership.
4. What are you doing that differentiates you from your competitors? Everybody has free WiFi, coffee, lounge…even the commercials struggle to be memorable. How can YOU provide a different customer experience? Creating a dealership loyalty program puts you into a different league from competing brands in your market.
5. Price is an issue in the absence of value. When you present true value in the way of a loyalty program, you can sell cars and service for MORE than your competitors and at a higher rate.